Other teaching experience:
- Miami Valley Folk Dancers, Recreational Club - 30+ year member
- Share teaching responsibilities during regular teaching sessions - beginning and advanced; have
served in various offices including club Chair, Program Committee Chair, Demonstration Chair; responsibilities include
planning evening dance programs, teaching sessions, workshops, and demonstrations; updating and
maintaining recordings collection; updating and maintaining dance instructions; organizing publicity.
Named 2000 MVFD Honor Roll Dancers (with spouse). Spearheaded project to make 50 years
of MVFD workshop syllabi available in electronic format.
- Zivio! (Association of South Slavic Peoples, Dayton, Ohio),
Recreational and Amateur Performing Group - 20+ year member
- Share teaching responsibilities for recreational dancing and performances; researched,
choreographed, instructed, and directed American dance suite for 1987 tour of Yugoslavia, Slovenian
dance suite for 1990 Dayton International Festival (DIF), Croatian dance suite for 1993 DIF,
Macedonian/Bulgarian suite for 2000 DIF, Pan-Slavic suite for 2003 DIF, Slovenian suite for 2006 DIF. Also help with sewing costumes.
- Beseda (American Czechoslovakian Club, Dayton, Ohio), Amateur Performing Group - Instructor, Choreographer
- Research, choreograph, instruct and direct Czech & Slovak dance suites (2005, 2006) for local ethnic group.
- Bagatelle (Le Club Francais, Dayton, Ohio), Amateur Performing Group - Director 1990-1999
- Research, choreograph, instruct and direct French dance suites (1990-92, 1994-99) for local ethnic group.
- International Folk Dance, Wright State University HPR Class
- Plan and teach recreational folk dancing to college students (1995, 1997).
- Slavic dances at the 2006 Cityfolk Festival
- International folk dances and contras at state and national square dance conventions
- Occasional evening programs for non-dancers
- Italian folk dances to local Italian club (1996-99)
- Folk Dance Workshops for Language Teachers and Students -
- American Association of Teachers of French, Kentucky Chapter, 2001
- Language Teacher Seminar, Louisville, Kentucky, 2001
- Springboro High School, 1995-2005
- Lima Central Catholic High School, Lima, Ohio, 2006
- Society of Folk Dance Historians
- Lloyd Shaw Foundation (American dance forms)
- Country Dance and Song Society of America
- Liederkranz-Turner German Club
- American Czechoslovakian Club
- Dayton Dance Partners
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, 1981, Wright State
University, Magna Cum Laude, University Honors Scholar, Honors in
Week-long Dance Workshops include:
- Kentucky Dance Institute, Morehead College, Kentucky, 1980, 1977, 1975
- Lloyd Shaw Foundation Dance Workshop for Teachers, Berea College, OH, 1981
- Swedish-American Week in Oviken, Jämtland, Sweden, 1990
- Telemark Experience, Norway, 1990
- Scandinavian Week at Buffalo Gap, West Virginia, 1989
- Christmas Country Dance School, Berea College, Kentucky, 1987
- Maine Folk Dance Camp, 1983
Weekend Dance Workshops include: